Tuesday 13 March 2012

Under draw mounted runners

Spacing the drawers was a nightmare for me and I've more space around the drawers and door then I would like. 
Now I understand how these runners work and how they're mounted I would use them again as they give a slick finish. Why have a delicate cabinet and then see all this hardware on the side of the drawers And they are soft close which is nice. 
I could have used the old way on rails and styles, so sliding wood on wood, but after awhile they catch, The drawers are quite short, only 320mm long in this cabinet and they could be pulled out, I didn't want that.
I told a friend who has been a cabinet maker for years that I was using this type of runner for my drawers, she laughed and said "we don't use them, they're to hard and expensive".

No comments:

Post a Comment