Tuesday 13 March 2012

Drawers

These 4 drawers are curved inwards. All the same curve but different width, working from the smallest at the top to the largest at the bottom.
Top drawer 130mm x 420mm


Sliding dovetail at the front and back of drawer which I had to make up jigs for. Because nothing was square I found this quite difficult. 

I had to square up one edge of the side and then work from that side. I had to make a level mount for the router to go on then it had to have a fence in the middle of the draw. Then I had to extend the router deep enough to cut the grooves and I ended up doing it in 3 passes.  That meant I had to change the jig onto the next draw, the next draw and the next draw. I did a levelling cut then a depth cut and a dovetail cut on either side of the draw by 4 drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment