Friday 24 August 2012

South West Showcase Sculpture (un-named)


I did a dummy run on putting the sculpture together working out which spines needed to be fitted in what order. 
All the time the sculpture was still lying on the piece of paper, not being able to see the other side or knowing if the sculpture will support itself. The rod was still being supported by the small mdf blocks. I had to also make sure all the outer ends where at the same height, if you move a spine in the centre it would shift it's outer end and vice versa. A couple did move on me which I rectified when carving. 
After gluing and waiting 24 hours I finally stood the sculpture up. I did not know if it would stand and or support itself, also not quite knowing what the other side looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment