Friday 24 August 2012

South West Showcase Sculpture (un-named)

I was then ready to glue this sculpture together.
I started with the two legs, which were to support the piece, these, I made sure were exactly right. Gluing and lightly clamping them together making sure they were intersecting at the point I wanted them to. I used the table I was working on as the datum with the drawing underneath as a reference. I then set the stainless steel rod up at the right hight, cutting some blocks at 57mm (the rod was 8mm thick) . Then glued another one. After these had set I put two screws in to hold these 3 together.  


 To explain the spines are numbered and had to be glued in the right order. I started with the  legs which were numbered 9 and 8 gluing and lightly clamping these together, then glued 7. After these had set I put two screws in to hold these 3 together.. Then I glued 6 and 5.  Then I put another screw in that held all those  together, a very long thin screw. Then I glued 4, 3 and 10. Because if I glued 1 and 2 I wouldn't be able to get 11 and 12 in place. I then glued 2 then 11 and 12. Finishing with 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment