Friday 24 August 2012

South West Showcase Sculpture (un-named)

Once I had this all together I then had to drill all the holes for the stainless steel rod. I measured from the top because that's where the right angle was. The top was square with the curve so I measured down 61mm marked them all. I pre bent the rod by hand using a curve template drawn on the original piece of brown paper, also I didn't use any heat on the rod as that colours it.
Laid the rod on top the wooden spines, with a set square intersected the line that I'd drawn in the middle, this gave me two lines the width of the steel, this I measured in half.  The holes where not at right angles so the drill had to be held at an angle, I eye balled this. The drill piece was smaller than the hole needed. Using a dremel I elongated the holes to fit. then having all the spines marked I shuffled them all onto the rod, placing them all back into their rightful spot. Some I had to fettle a little to make a tight fit.

When it all fitted together I was relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment